As I dig deeper into the world of job-hunting tools on the internet, I ran across the site angel.co. I’ve known it was there for some time, so this is actually a rediscovery by accident. I was following the fox hole that Secret built and decided to apply for their open Community Manager job.
One of the fields that really caught my eye on the application was to name your greatest accomplishment. I started with “…sold exercise bikes to paralyzed people” but realized I had done much more. Could I rattle them off as a carnival bark?
- I’ve sold exercise bikes to paralyzed people.
- I’ve created a community around a thinking, tweeting plate of pastries.
- I’ve anthropomorphized a dog on the Internet that launched a community and a book.
- I’ve created a sports event management system from nothing.
- I’ve written for glory; I’ve hoboed for food.
- I’ve got more…
Maybe Secret will call me. I doubt it; I’m in Dayton, they are in San Francisco and I want to end up in NYC. There is probably not enough money to make all that happen.
But it was a cool exercise!